Rules and Regulations
• League MODS: PSN: PanthersNation7, Oezeo, Emman3000, fordtuff504, RossT626 and Freshko1
- Preseason - Every 24 hours
- Regular Season - Every Saturday, Monday and Thursday night at 8 PM EST.
- Playoffs - Every 24-48 hours. We expect games to get done in a timely manner to not holdup the league.
GENERAL RULES / Section 1
1) Play SIM!!!!!!!!!
2) You MUST carry 3 QB's on your roster at all times. If you only have two your quarterbacks will not stay injured when they get hurt.
3) NO fake hike spamming.
4) You're allowed one hurry up series each half outside of two minutes. If down 2 or more scores in the second half, you can hurry up.
5) Getting GroupMe on your phone and giving your number for the contact info is required. No exceptions.
6) Movement of a safety (not both) can be made presnap as long as its not excessive and unrealistic (i.e moving safety around like a chicken with its head cut off)
7) You are not allowed to trade a player during his first season on your team (newly signed, drafted, etc.)
8) User catching is ALLOWED. Just don't abuse the same routes with it.
9) "Fantasy" trades are frowned upon, i.e. trading franchise-type players like Aaron Rodgers for Player X, Y, Z right when starting out.
10) Glitch/money plays are of course not allowed. If reported, they will result in an instant ban of an owner in violation.
11) Quitting is NOT TOLERATED - First off, if you quit, you have no evidence of any wrong doing. Your word is NOT better than your opponents word. If you are losing big, ask your opponent if you can concede a game in the 4th quarter, it's fine as long as your opponent agrees. We expect to play a full game EVERYTIME.
12) 2 Point Conversions: You may only attempt a two point conversion in the 4th quarter if you need to tie the game or get up by 3 or 7 points. No exceptions!
13) Limit 7 Draws, 6 read options and 5 Screens per game. No repetitive play calling. Mix it up.
14) If 4 of your games are simmed or auto'd in a season without a legit excuse, you will be removed.
15) No horizontal running at ANY TIME. The pursuit angles in M25 are busted, and this exploits it.
GAME PLAY RULES / Section 2
The following plays are not allowed in the league:
1) Motioning a WR, RB or TE and hiking before the players sets for at least 1 second.
2) You must mix up your run plays. Do not keep running outside all game.
3) FB dive in 4th and short. FB dives can be used in other situations but should not be abused.
4) You may not milk the clock unless there is 2 minutes left in the half or the end of the game. EXAMPLE: Do not run play clock down under 10 secs every play.
5) Having a HB lined up at FB to run the ball in a FB dive/run.
6) No huddle can be called ONLY when there is 2 min left in either half. You must change the play every NO HUDDLE.
7) One dimensional playcalling. Mix up your pass/run ratio. We understand that ratio varies based on an owner's style on offense, but maintain a 70/30 or better ratio, vice versa. Unless of course, you are down by multiple scores early in the game and have to pass to catch up.
8) QB drop backs more than 10 yards and QB insta-sprints are not allowed.
9) Goal line formation outside of your opponent's 5-yard line or inside your 5-yard line.
10) Excessive repetition of the same routes or play. We understand that it is necessary to run the same play a few times over the course of a game, but do your best mix up your play-calling.
11) Don't abuse the same route over and over again.
12) Running plays should be a mix of inside and outside runs. Bouncing your RB straight to the outside on every play will not be tolerated.
13) Money play include but are not limited to: Excessive use of: curl routes, corner routes, wheel routes, QB wrap, Read Option, TE, HB, or inside WR streak/seams, (they should not be used on more than half of your plays)
14) Kicking a FG as time is expiring to just pad the score. If you're winning with time expiring and your opponent has zero timeouts left, do not pad the score.
DEFENSE / Section 3
The following plays are not allowed:
2) No movement of individual defensive lineman pre-snap. The group shift feature is allowed. The rule is in place to help prevent nano-blitzing.
3) Any presnap movement of individual D-lineman. You can use the line shift feature to move the defensive line.
4) Mix up your play calling. (Man vs Zone) There should be nobody playing 85% of anything!
5) You must have a minimum of 3 rushers at all times. Contains and spies do not count.
6) You may not MANUALLY position any player on defense unless you are controlling him. The only time this is allowed is to line a player up against a receiver.
7) You may PRESS only once per set of downs and SHOW BLITZ once per set of downs.
8) Erratic movement of a user-controlled safety pre-and post-snap. Move your player in a fluid and sim fashion, not running around aimlessly.
9) Excessive shifting of the defensive line and linebackers. You should not be shifting your defensive line left and right constantly. Make an adjustment or two if necessary, then stop shifting. Same goes for the linebackers.
10) Blitzing on every play.
11) You can call Nickel vs. 2 WR sets, but not 1 WR sets.
12) You can NOT call Dime/Dollar/Quarters vs 2 WR sets. You can call Dime/Dollar/Quarters vs 3+ WR sets.
13) On Defense, it is okay to have a base formation(4-3, 3-4, 46, even dime or nickel). However, if you do you must run different plays from it. You can play man all game or zone if you wish but you CANNOT run the same play majority of the game. 2 man under from the dime or the Nickel or quarter will be considered the same play. If you run man primarily there must be different coverages (blitz coverages, cover 1, 3 man deep)
SPECIAL TEAMS / Section 4
The following plays are not allowed:
1) Presnap movement of any player in kick/punt situations.
2) On-side kick. Unless in the 4th quarter, with less than 6 minutes remaining and down 10 points or more. Or if you're down any score under 2 minutes.
4th DOWNS / Section 5
1) 4th and inches: In your opponent's territory (FB dive, QB sneak, not allowed in this situation)
2) If losing by 2 score or more in the second half on your opponents side of the field, you may go for it on 4th down.
3) Fakes are allowed but should be limited to 1 a game.
MERCY RULE / Section 6
1) If you are winning by 35 points or more after halftime. You must run the ball from here on out. You must let the play clock run below 5 seconds before hiking the ball, and run as much clock out as possible. You MAY NOT pass the football whatsoever. If you run the football and score a touchdown while staying in these guidelines, that is ok, we cannot force anyone to not score, because that's not football. Just don't rub it in. If you are in field goal range, you can kick a FG as well. If you are on defense, and cause a turnover, you can also score. If you are returning a kick or punt, you are also allowed to score. Again, as long as you are not "Rubbing it in" some games do get out of control and we can do our best to not embarrass our opponents. IF YOUR OPPONENT IS TRYING TO SCORE AND MAKE GAME LONGER INSTEAD OF RUNNING CLOCK AS WELL THESE RULES DON'T APPLY.
ROSTER MANAGEMENT / Section 7
1) Just like the game play, we want rosters to the managed as sim as possible. We encourage owners to build a team primarily through good drafting, FA signing, and perhaps an occasional trade or two. But just like the NFL, there shouldn't be big names being traded, or a flurry of trades period.
2) Your 3rd down back on the depth chart MUST be a RB.
3) A new season officially starts when the offseason begins.
4) You must have 3 TEs on your roster or 2 FB and 2 TE to avoid a WR from lining up as a TE in heavy or goaline sets.
5) A newly signed free agent cannot be traded in the same year.
6) You must have 3 quarterbacks on your roster. If you don't, it prevents an injured QB from staying injured.
TRADES / Section 8
1) All trades have be posted in the daddyleagues.com/ffi Trade Approval thread and approved by the committee. Do NOT send each other trade requests on the console without an approval.
2) No player can be traded twice in the same season.
3) You are allowed two trades during the season, and two more in the offseason.
4) Trades should not result in a team having more than 10 draft picks a season
5) Fantasy trades are frowned upon and will likely be denied. Trades should be realistic for the most part. Do not expect to come in and give away your franchise/building block players right away.
6) Trades must make sense and be posted with reasons as to why each team is making this trade.
7) Each trade will be voted on by our trade committee. It consists of 5 MODS who will give an up or down vote, majority wins.
DRAFT / Section 9
1) We are using NCAA Draft Classes for the first season, then switching to EA Classes.
2) No trades allowed once draft starts.
FREE AGENCY / Section 10
1) In offseason, the periods will advance once every 24 hours.
2) After the draft, free agency is open to all. We advance each week of preseason every 20 minutes directly after the draft.
3) You are not allowed to trade a player during his first season on your team (newly signed, drafted, etc.)
CPU Games / Section 11
1) We fully expect each member to keep the statistical integrity of the league in mind when playing the CPU. Stat padding will not be tolerated.
2) We would rather not have to baby our members by putting stat caps on CPU games, but we will if we see guys abusing the CPU.